[Dub-pm] Call for Venue: First tech meeting of Dublin.pm

Dave O Connor doc at redbrick.dcu.ie
Thu Sep 2 06:46:14 CDT 2004

Nick Hilliard said on Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 12:23:27PM +0100:
> > I'm afraid I won't be attending YAPC::Europe, since holidays, other
> > commitments, and general awkwardness is getting in the way. However, I'm
> > hoping to arrange the first tech meeting of Dublin.pm for 23rd September. This
> > is the thursday after YAPC::Europe.
>
> Good places to try are typically the university societies, because they
> can host meetings like this for either free / nominal sum, and they tend
> to like doing to because it increases their membership.

Hm, good idea. But, as you say, it might onvolve delaying any meeting until
college term-time. It's definitely an option for meetings after this one,
though. Thanks!

Ideally, the first one would be held in a meeting room in someone's workplace,
since dedicated meeting rooms seem to be good places for tech talks (and I
haven't looked at hiring meeting rooms yet, I hear some places do it, at a
rate of about 20e per hour, which would involve people contributing, or me
sucking up the costs, both of which I'd rather not do. It's gonna be hard
enough to get people to come along :))

	- DoC