[Dub-pm] Time::Piece && while loops

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Thu May 6 06:36:18 CDT 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 11:53:36AM +0100, Gary Cosgrave wrote:
> Small pedantic point:
>
> It does seem that this sub could run into a few DST issues, particularly
> assuming that it is used to set $tomorrow early each day (assuming a relatively
> busy log file (1 msg/minute?).  Either way, in Spring for instance, $tomorrow
> would represent 1am the next day, and 11pm the same day in Autumn.
>
> And no, I haven't been stung by these issues a hundred times...honest.

Yeah, this stuff is a pain, I did stuff with Radius logs before where you
get an start and a stop message, the stop message can arrive days after the
start but for maximum usefulness it should accessible along with the start
one.

In that situation you should probably just forget about files and start
lashing things into a proper database,