[Dub-pm] hello

Dave O Connor doc at redbrick.dcu.ie
Fri Jul 23 18:08:16 CDT 2004

Fergal Daly said on Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 11:59:18PM +0100:
> > Can I turn on something stronger than -W to catch this shit in the future?
>
> Beyond rewriting it all in a strongly-typed language like Haskell (or a
> badly-typed language like Java) there is nothing you can do,

'use diagnostics' occasionally points out that you might be doing something
unintentionally dumb, but I find it overannoying for production code. I'd definitely
turn it on while developing, though.

As for why this was working 1 in 5 times, was it running under mod_perl, and
cacheing this scalar (i.e. this scalar is assigned elsewhere sometimes, and
just happens to have the correct value after this happens to it?).

	- DoC