[DFW.pm] Last night's presentation

DFW Perl Mongers dfw.perlmongers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:28:02 PST 2016

Hello friends,

*I'm sorry*.

For many months we've leveraged google's hangouts on air to livestream our
meetings.  Last night that changed, which caused problems.  Google has
phased out the service.  Instead, the option they give you now is to use
"youtube live".  It's similar to what we've done in the past, but they have
not worked out all the bugs yet.

During the presentation, the livestream crashed twice and in addition to
that, no audio was ever layered over the video, leaving remote viewers
wondering what was going on.

As time allows, I'll re-record the presentation and send out a link for
everyone to view.  I offer my sincere apologies for the technical glitches,
and am working to ensure that they don't happen again next time.

Yours Perly, Tommy Butler, DFW.pm