[DFW.pm] Meeting reminder: Monday May 9th

DFW Perl Mongers dfw.perlmongers at gmail.com
Wed May 4 09:28:29 PDT 2016

May the 4th be with you, Mongers =)

*This is a reminder that this coming Monday night* we'll be holding our
monthly meeting at the usual time and place.

Lots of things are going on in Perl.  Perl 5.24 RC4 is available, and 5.24
is about to drop!  The server build for the OPPCproject.org hackathon is
complete.  A new project is under way to provide new Authentication
tutorial documentation to the Catalyst distribution on metacpan, as well as
a new virtual machine for the Catalyst Tutorial (the one at
cattut.shadowcat.co.uk needs an update--and it's getting one!)  More
discussion regarding Perl 11 (5+6) is on the menu as well.

We'll be discussing all these things and more, both for those present
on-site and remote via google hangouts.  If there are other topics you'd
like to discuss, let us know.

As always, we invite you to bring along a junior coder and a laptop.  See
you there!

TIME AND PLACE
Time: 7 pm to 9 pm
Location: Dallas Makerspace
1825 Monetary Ln, Suite 104, Carrollton, TX 75006
Phone: (214) 699-6537

ONLINE PARTICIPATION
If you plan to attend online, please install the hangouts app/plugin from
google.com/hangouts — This will allow you to view the live video stream,
but if you'd like to participate interactively, please send your google ID
to dfw.perlmongers at gmail.com **before the meeting** and we'll add you to
the online classroom.