[DFW.pm] Last night's Rperl presentation

Tommy Butler ace at tommybutler.me
Wed Apr 13 18:08:13 PDT 2016

Tom, I agree that I'd like to talk more about Perl 11.  I really enjoyed
the presentation by Will.  I hope we can initiate more discussion between
our PM group and his PM group in Austin, because he seems genuinely
committed to the Perl 11 philosophy and his having taken the initiative to
create RPerl in an effort to move the idea forward demonstrates a deep
level of dedication to its success.  He also made one statement that stuck
with me: that he was dedicating his technical career to this concept.
Wow!  His career and livelihood pledged to making Perl 11 a reality.
That's honorable, commendable, and awesome!

In next month's meeting, I have resolved to devote at least a good portion
of the discussion to Perl 11.  I hope to see you there (either in person or
online), so you can weigh in with your thoughts as the discussion unfolds.

--
Tommy Butler