[DFW.pm] Trouble running a simple perl program

John Fields wigthft at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 11:46:07 PST 2014

Well poo.  Getting the version worked on Wednesday night.

No,  because you are telling what you have (win8) to treat the program as
if it was running on XP.  Or to actually be backward compatible for this
one program. Because win8 doesn't look back. Like a shark it has no neck.
(Futurama joke)

Try right clicking on the Perl.exe executable, select properties,
compatibility tab,  XP Service Pack 3 mode.  Hmmmmmm.