[DFW.pm] Is Perl Like Shell Script?

kevin kbrannen at pwhome.com
Fri Oct 25 18:36:43 PDT 2013

On 10/25/2013 01:59 PM, A.J. Maurin wrote:

> I'm still working on that shell script. I have to use a linode with
> putty, because there's no such thing as a good Windows shell. It's a bit
> unwieldy.

While not perl related, I'll say that the Cygwin (cygwin.org) bash shell
generally does everything I need as I can use the same shell script on
both Windows/Cygwin and Linux. Most of the supporting utils that you'll
need are also available in Cygwin. Cygwin can also provide perl. :)

If you must stay with "generally native shells", I've found PowerShell
interesting, although the learning curve was steep enough that I stopped
looking at it after using it enough to get a feel for its capabilities.

HTH,
Kevin