[DFW.pm] Fun with Perl and a few terabytes of mixed up photos

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Tue Nov 19 21:09:13 PST 2013

My latest Perl mini-project was to write a program that could fix a
broken photo collection from f-spot or Shotwell (Linux), or basically
take a massive amount of images and sort them into an organized,
date-based directory tree.  In other words, with a terabyte or two of
unorganized photos, JUST DO THIS --> $TARGET_DIR/YYYY/MM/DD/foo_099.jpg

Instead of re-write everything I just wrote about it on my blog, I'll
just link to the blog post (which has links to the github repo for the
"exifsort" code).  Maybe it will be as useful to others as it has been to me

http://www.atrixnet.com/organize-photos-by-exif-date-or-how-to-fix-your-shotwell-library-with-perl/

--Tommy Butler