[DFW.pm] A Warm Welcome & I/O Niceness Tip

Tommy Butler dfwpm at internetalias.net
Fri Dec 20 08:55:25 PST 2013

A warm welcome to our newest list members, friends from other Perl
Monger groups around the globe.  Recently joining us as part of the
hackathon are some of our neighbors from New York City, Brooklyn,
Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago, and Sydney Australia.

If you still need an ssh account set up on the competition server, check
out dfw.pm.org for details.

And finally, a tip for those running code that does rapid-fire reading
on the filesystem: please consider running it through ionice.  It's the
nice thing to do.

Example (from the shell prompt): *$ nice -n 19 ionice -c2 -n7
./your_perl_program.pl*

--Tommy Butler