[DFW.pm] Leaving DFW and welcome to the new people

Nick Perez nick at nickandperla.net
Sun Jul 17 21:31:58 PDT 2011

On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:55:42 -0500
S Z <zappepcs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nick,
> It's good to hear that you have found good times and work in
> interesting places. What resources do you need to reassign? I'm new
> so do not know what responsibilities you have. Perhaps it would be
> helpful to all if you were to enumerate them here.

Mostly it is informing pm.org who holds the leadership. With that
leadership comes administration permissions to the site and mailing list
(pm.org graciously hosts them).

One of the things I wanted to do when I took the reigns was to make
sure we could transition smoothly between people when it came to
administration of the site and mailing list. Before, the list and site
were mostly in private hands and getting changes introduced was
difficult. So we transitioned to pm.org infrastructure.

The p6m group has their own google hosted mailing list that they use
(and that frew mostly runs, I believe). That is the main reason I want
to hand off to him. He's much more active and organized than me.

That said, the site needs work and I unfortunately never got around to
doing it. Life got in the way. While we are transitioning, if someone
wanted to work on the site (just plain HTML since pm.org has no dynamic
hosting capabilities), I would be more than happy to upload the results.

--

Nicholas Perez
XMPP/Email: nick at nickandperla.net
http://search.cpan.org/~nperez/