[DCPM] sql server

Simon Waters simon at technocool.net
Mon Sep 26 06:10:00 PDT 2005

Steve Marvell wrote:
> Has anyone got a Unix box talking to SQl Server using Perl?

No all our MS SQL to Unix talk is done via http so as to tunnel through
firewalls.

But opinion here is "how hard can it be?".

I've done Unix ODBC before (not Perl), and as long as there is a
compatible ODBC driver all you should need is "use DBI ;"

Apparently DBD::ODBC includes a compatible ODBC driver.

The usual caveats about ODBC/MS SQL apply, it looks pretty but think
twice, or test hard, before you bet the business on it.