[DCPM] To quote or not to quote.

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 02:58:37 PDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Steve Marvell <steve at devon-it.co.uk> wrote:
> Neil Williams wrote:
> > I'm using Perl to parse some XML and generate C source code, including the
> > Makefile.am, configure.in, autogen.sh, *.c, *.h and ChangeLog.
>
> That's disgusting!
>
> > Naturally, I want to keep the code in the templates in sync with the
> > code in the real project. However, I do NOT want to have to include
> > placeholders in the REAL project. The places where the template uses
> > modified strings are not predictable in a manner that would suit a
> > regexp.

I'm not sure if I get what you are doing fully..

You seem to be mucking about with big intepolated strings when you
should be using a real templating system.

Have you considered using Template Toolkit rather than string/text manipulation?

I know that doesn't answer your immediate problem, but if you continue
along your current lines rather than switching to something like
Template Toolkit things will only get harder and more unmanagable.

Cheers,

A.