[Detroit-pm] Call for presentation volunteers

Todd Chapman Todd.Chapman at eprize.com
Tue Mar 27 14:56:43 PDT 2007

The next meeting of Detroit.pm is Tuesday April 17th. We have no
committed presenters yet. Presentation topics can be short (15 minutes)
or long (1 hour).

I would like to get away from planning only a month ahead. It would be
nice to compile a list of presenters and topics so that we can plan a
few months in advance and organize the topics in a sensible way. So if
you want to present on _something_ _eventually_ please let me know ASAP.
Chad and I will take that list, create a preferred schedule, and then
contact the presenters and encourage (not force) them to conform to our
plans. Don't worry, community opinions will be solicited (but planning
is a bitch so step up or shut up!)

Here's what we need from potential presenters:

* Synopsis
* Estimated presentation length
* Who you are, where you work, etc.
* Slides (optional but always nice)
* foo

You don't need to be a Perl expert to present. We have some Ruby fans
among us who are learning Perl. I would love to learn what Ruby gets
right that Perl gets wrong (unless you say everything!)

OK. I think I got my point across. Presenter flood commence!

Todd Chapman
todd.chapman at eprize.com
Software Engineer
ePrize