[Detroit-pm] Detroit-pm meeting on Tuesday

Duane Brown duaneb at mcquil.com
Fri Jan 19 13:31:59 PST 2007

Detroit PMs

I was really impressed with the meeting Tuesday. I'm fairly new to perl
and was stunned with how well I actually followed both presentations.
Obviously at different levels of understanding.

>From the OO Perl presentation I understood most of the topic which made
reading the perlboot man page make one heck of a lot more sense. The
second presentation on SOAP was a ways past my knowledge level but gave me
background knowledge so that if and when I want to do something like that
I know it is possible.

Having the meeting structured as 2 one hour'ish presentations one at the
more novice level and a second at a much more advanced level is great
because there is something for almost everyone.

I'm really looking forward to the mext meeting.

Thanks

Duane Brown
Senior Systems Architect
McQuillan Systems, LLC

(248) 724-0545

PS The pizza was also very important as is the fact that there are quite a
few Perl people around, way fricking cool, thanks again.