[Delhi-pm] [Perl Wiki] Perl::Wiki::Mojomojo

Ashish SHUKLA wahjava.ml at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 07:01:58 PDT 2010

Pradeep Pant writes:
> Hi Abhishek,

> I was just trying hands on Catalyst <http://www.catalystframework.org/>  and
> mojomojo <http://mojomojo.org/> . I think mojomojo <http://mojomojo.org/>
> can be helpful for Wiki as you are suggesting for managing web site.

Hmm..., I'm not much into CMSs or Wikis, but a software which allow you to
publish content as static HTML pages, would be nice, like Blosxom, so the
dynamic part is only there for editors, and for rest of the world it would be
all cache-able HTML. And ofcourse in the backend, instead of some database,
all the wiki content should be stored in plain text files as some
mark{up,down} format, stored in a (distributed?) version control system,
anonymously accessible to everyone, and only registered users being able to
push (or commit).

Catalyst is a giant beast and installing packages over CPAN is a big PITA,
esp. when you can't uninstall it using cpan executable :(, and due to large
set of dependencies, not many distributions ship it. Anyday, I would prefer
using distribution's packages over CPAN.

Deviating from the topic, since it is not always possible to physically meet,
how about idling in some IRC channel on Freenode, say #perl-in :)

Thanks
--
Ashish SHUKLA      | GPG: F682 CDCC 39DC 0FEA E116  20B6 C746 CFA9 E74F A4B0
freebsd.org!ashish | http://people.freebsd.org/~ashish/

Avoid Success At All Costs !!