[Columbus-pm] windows

J L Alexander jalex at pobox.com
Fri Jun 24 17:40:32 PDT 2005

Anything exciting in Perl going on?

Does anyone mess with perlcc?  It would be nice if it ever became stable and
also allowed static binaries.  I can't stand setting up perl - cpan is
painful and requires compilers.  Half the time, modules don't compile because
of an environment and dependency versions.

It would be more useful if you could dev/test it in one place and put it into
production without putting all of the baggage Perl needs to run the script
into production with it.  I almost entirely avoid adding modules to a system
to make the script easier to write.

How's activestate with this?

-Jason