[columbus.pm] Greetings all you Columbus Perl Mongers

jon at hogue.org jon at hogue.org
Thu Feb 5 08:12:46 CST 2004

Quoting chris <chris at theconceited.com>:

> Thanks for the quick responses,
>
> John, you're not related to a Bob Hogue who teaches at YSU are you?  He's
> the prof. for my E-commerce class(Perl, PHP, MYSql), sure would be a big
> coincidence to run into two Hogues in Ohio who are involved with Perl!
My grandpa's name was Bob, a bit of a family name. There are a ton of Hogue's
about an hour northeast of Youngstown in the Oil City. If we're related, it's
distant :-)

> As far as a YSU PM chapter...I've thought about starting up that, or a
> Linux users group here.  My conclusion is that at the moment, I don't feel
> like I know enough myself to really take the point on such a
> group...besides the fact that with 17 credit hours and a part-time job, I'm
>
> too busy for it.
I understand the busy part. However, you don't have to have the technology
expertise. I heavily rely on our knowledgeable members to present. I mostly
just coordinate the meetings (sometimes better than others :-)

> I have a lot of relatives in Columbus, so I actually do come there fairly
> often.  I'm sure I'll end up making it to one of your meetings sooner or
> later.  Out of curiosity:  why so little content on the website?  Has
> anyone thought of putting a forum up there?  I'm sure all of you have had
> experience installing/running forums like PHPBB, but if the only reason for
>
> there being one is that noone has felt like it, I would be more then
> willing to give it a shot.  Heck, building a forum might make a good spring
>
> break project!
Yah... good idea. We would have to setup another host. pm.org doesn't support
cgi, just flat html. There are a couple of perl based forumns already written
out there. We certainly could extend one of those implementations (it's almost
always easier to extend than write from scratch).

BTW, Charles, can you send me and Leonard the columbus.pm.org login info? We
would like to make some changes as well....

Anybody have some server space they'd like to donate towards hosting the cgi
for our pm site? ie, a forumn?

To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at pm.org

unsubscribe columbus-pm-list