[columbus.pm] meetings

Ron Grabowski ronnie at catlover.com
Tue Jul 18 22:42:49 CDT 2000

Now that people are into their summer schedules does anyone have time to
start meeting again? Some good topics that might be good to discuss in
person:

 Using the perl debugger ( in xemacs would be nice )
  ( basic things like setting breakpoints and listing current values of
variables )

 globs ( *foo{SCALAR}, *foo{ARRAY}, etc )
   I'm still looking for a concrete answer why this works:

    &foo( \*STDOUT );
    sub foo { my $fh = shift; print $fh 'Hello' }
                                    ^^^ shouldn't this be ${$fh} ?

- Ron
To send mail to the Columbus.pm list send email to
columbus-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org