[Cologne-pm] (fwd) 5.8.2 Release [nick@ccl4.org: 5.8.2]

Michael Lamertz mike at lamertz.net
Fri Nov 7 02:39:42 CST 2003

fyi...

----- Forwarded message from Richard Clamp <richardc at unixbeard.net> -----
From: Richard Clamp <richardc at unixbeard.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 00:12:08 +0000
To: london.pm at london.pm.org
Subject: 5.8.2 Release [nick at ccl4.org: 5.8.2]

Please join me in congratulating Nicholas on his sterling work in
getting 5.8.2 shipped.

All that effort for only one leaderboard place...

--
Richard Clamp <richardc at unixbeard.net>

From: Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 23:30:34 +0000
To: perl5-porters at perl.org
Subject: 5.8.2

  Passage, immediate passage! the blood burns in my veins!
  Away O soul! hoist instantly the anchor!
  Cut the hawsers - hall out - shake out every sail!
  Have we not stood here like trees in the ground long enough?
  Have we not grovel'd here long enough, eating and drinking like mere brutes?
  Have we not darken'd and dazed ourselves with books long enough?

  Sail forth - steer for the deep waters only,
  Reckless O soul, exploring, I with the and thou with me,
  For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared to go,
  And we will risk the ship, ourselves and all.

  O my brave soul!
  O farther farther sail!
  O daring job, but safe! are they not all the seas of God?
  O farther, farther, farther sail!

  Passage to India - Walt Whitman

Get it while its hot:

    http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/perl-5.8.2.tar.bz2
    http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/perl-5.8.2.tar.gz

coming soon to a CPAN near you:

    http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/N/NW/NWCLARK/perl-5.8.2.tar.bz2
    http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/N/NW/NWCLARK/perl-5.8.2.tar.gz

md5sums are

a312dd80922b88c6b33b2e1319470a35  perl-5.8.2.tar.bz2
fa356b74f99166b63a68a322c3c68f91  perl-5.8.2.tar.gz

If you wish to read the perldelta before it hits CPAN;

    http://www.ccl4.org/~nick/P/perl582delta.html

(the links won't work there)

Thanks to all. I couldn't have done this on my own.

The use.perl announcement should follow tomorrow evening.

Nicholas Clark

----- End forwarded message -----

--
	    Well, then let's give that Java-Wussie a beating... (me)

Michael Lamertz                        |     +49 2234 204947 / +49 171 6900 310
Sandstr. 122                           |                       mike at lamertz.net
50226 Frechen                          |                 http://www.lamertz.net
Germany                                |               http://www.perl-ronin.de