[Cologne-pm] YAPC::Europe::2003

Michael Lamertz mike at lamertz.net
Mon Apr 28 16:45:18 CDT 2003

Aye David,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 06:27:28PM +0200, David Elbez wrote:

> Dear fellow Perl mongers,
>
> Your Tsar gave me leave to talk to you directly as we deem it is necessary.
>
> My name is David and i am a humble member of the YAPC::Europe::2003
> organisation committee. This message is an announcement about...
> Well guess what...;-)

Thanks for your announcement (3 times btw. ;-).  I'm still missing some
information about upcoming talks and their presenters.

As a participant at last year's YAPC in Munich, I'm actually looking
forward to visit paris - although I don't speak a friggin' word of
french besides of "Croissant" and Merde'.

If you'll post a list of the people that'll be there, I might comment on
who they are and perhaps give a rationale of their talks, because I
might have already heard it - and thus do some "advertising" for your
conference...

If that list is yet to be created though, I'm sure everybody from
Cologne.pm would like to hear from you as soon as the information is
available.

Another thing that I'd like you to comment on is the quality of
available hotels.  You list 2 and 3 star hotels in the area.  From my
experiences in London, 3 stars is the absolute minimum, but that might
be a Brit's thing.  Can you give us a bit of Details about what's to
expect with 2 and 3 stars?

    Just as a side note, so you don't think I'm a snobby prick:  The
    Hotel I booked for the Apache-Europe Conference in London - 2 or 3
    years ago, charged me 65 Squid per night.  Therefore, I got a fridge
    that still contained a pizza from a former tenant.  The floor in the
    bathroom was cracked lino, and the courtain in the shower ended
    right below my knee, while the cup of the shower went just above my
    feed, resulting in a mess.
    The breakfast buffet was in reality a coffe machine that stood in a
    corner, and Toast and Jam which you had to fix yourself.  The coffe
    was horrible.  Ah, the area was quite red-lightish, btw...

    Lot'safun for 185 DeutschMarks by that time...

TIA - Mike

--
	    Well, then let's give that Java-Wussie a beating... (me)

Michael Lamertz                        |     +49 2234 204947 / +49 171 6900 310
Sandstr. 122                           |                       mike at lamertz.net
50226 Frechen                          |                 http://www.lamertz.net
Germany                                |               http://www.perl-ronin.de