[Classiccity-pm] Hello. Is this thing on?

Paul Keck pkeck at uga.edu
Sun Sep 14 11:30:41 PDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 11:46:43AM -0400, Darrell Golliher wrote:
>    I should say that like Nathan and Paul, I'm not in Athens
> anymore.    However we do sling a lot of perl at work-- it still our
> language of choice for all our 80 media websites and associated
> content management tools built using perl, specifically
> HTML::Mason.      I occasionally dabble in some hacking and when I do,
> it's in Perl.   Professionally, I'm more likely to hire a Perl
> programmer than write any code myself.

I am still in Athens and still occasionally writing some perl, but like
Darrell am more likely to hire someone to do it.  There has been a bump of
activity on the local Linux list, so maybe some more perl interest could be
drummed ip there.

I have stagnated a bit though- I had to google "POE perl" to figure out what
Darrell was talking about.  These days that means Power Over Ethernet to
this NOC person.  :-)

Paul Keck       pkeck at uga.edu
University of Georgia
EITS Network Operations               mailto:pkeck at ediacara.org
    --Opinions mine.--                Go fighting anomalocaridids!!!