[Classiccity-pm] tap tap ... is this thing on?

David Westbrook dwestbrook at tungstenlearning.com
Wed Oct 12 15:25:34 PDT 2005

Stephen Howard wrote:

>I'd be up for a get together.  My own schedule is pretty flexible.  Do
>people prefer weeknights or weekends?

flexible here, too, and definitely interested

>I thought we could use the wiki
>to do this, but I don't see how to go about creating an account (didn't
>see instructions in the FAQ either), and i'm being prompted for a
>user/pass when trying to add my name to the member page.

not sure what that authorization prompt is for, but you can avoid it
--don't hit the "Login" button ... just use the "Edit" button and then
the "Save" button, and you'll be able to make anonymous changes to the
pages.

I edited the Members page and added an entry for my name. Then i clicked
on that entry and created a page for myself. For future changes, you can
go to Preferences and enter the name of the page you just made (your
"username" for the wiki) -- i assume it just sticks it in a cookie.

--david