[Classiccity-pm] Mod Perl Question

Darrell Golliher darrell at golliher.net
Tue Apr 6 12:07:53 CDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 09:59:30AM -0700, Sam Feltus wrote:
> Hey ya'll.
>
> I was wanting to tinker with ModPerl on a local machine.
>
> Was thinking of getting RedHat 9.0, since hosting company is a RedHat shop.
>
> I have only really used SuSe 8, so am spoiled with a nice GUI to install packages for me, so I can remain Happily Lazy and Ignorant of the CLI install process whenever possible.
>
> Choices
> RedHat 9.0
> RedHat Fedora Core 1
> SuSe Pro 9 Upgrade
> Something else ya'll suggest
>
> Obviously all are so dirt cheap price is irrelevant.
>
> I really like SuSe due to it doing alot of dirty work for me.
>
> Sam the Perl Gardener

   I'm out of tune with all distros that don't happen to be debian.
   Debian however isn't for the CLI adverse.   Sorry, can't be much
   help there.

   Before you go too far, have you checked to make sure your hosting
   company provides a mod_perl environment?   If you're co-locating
   a server you should be in good shape, but I'd be surprised if a regular
   shared hosting company allowed mod_perl.

-d