[Cincinnati-pm] Whirlwind tour of 'perlrun'?

Kevin Ernst ernstki at mail.uc.edu
Tue Jan 11 08:06:44 PST 2022

Hi everybody, hope your 2022 is going all right so far.

If it's still OK with Jon, my plan for Wednesday was ~30 minutes doing a
whirlwind tour of perlrun[1]. Depending on how things go, I'd follow
this up with as much /useful/ information about quoting rules in the
Unix and Windows shell(s) as could fit in ten or fifteen minutes.

This would include how to escape shell metacharacters in -e / -E
strings, as well as "here docs" and "here strings" in Bash. Mostly this
is to refresh my own knowledge, especially with the Windows shells.

Jon, if you have something else lined up already, no problem, I'll see
you all there regardless. :)

—Kevin

[1] https://perldoc.perl.org/perlrun