[Chicago-talk] Meetup.com will shut down the Chicago Perl Meetup group tomorrow

Joel Berger joel.a.berger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 07:30:55 PST 2022

Sadly, I agree. All holding onto it does is keep the invite list and I
could probably invite most of our former regulars by hand if I had to. I
see no reason to pay for that.

I do still hold out hope of having a generalist programming meetup
somewhere in the northwest burbs if I can find the right place to do it,
but I can't imagine it would be Perl (primarily) focused at this point.

btw, if anyone has an idea of a good place to hold such an event, somewhere
between Des Plaines and Barrington, let me know.