[Chicago-talk] Meetup.com will shut down the Chicago Perl Meetup group tomorrow

Mike Fragassi mikefrag at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 06:18:16 PST 2022

Oh yeah. Meetup.com's only real benefits for running meetings, relative to
just this list, seem to be that people can RSVP, and add the meeting to
whatever calendar app they use. But it's real strength is that other people
in other groups can see the upcoming meetings and decide to drop in. Versus
having to be a member of the mailing list. I know that has pulled in people
to meetings before, although I don't know how widely Meetup is being used
by other local tech grub groups these days, since they added fees.

So essentially, it could help with Perl evangelism. If we ever have
Perl-specific meetings again.