[Chicago-talk] Reminder: Chicago.pm meeting tomorrow!

David Mertens dcmertens.perl at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 12:26:55 PDT 2020

Hello everyone,

Tomorrow we will have a presentation entitled *Synchronization Experiments
with Perl*, to be given by yours truly. In the talk I will explain a bit
about the scientific work I do and how I use Perl to run the experiment and
analyze the data we get from it. I will also go into some detail about why
I dislike notebook-style scientific analyses (i.e. Jupyter notebooks) and
how I build my data analyses using modulinos, of all things. The second
part is likely to be of interest to anybody who is involved in data
science. Although I implement my analyses using Perl, the basic approach
can be used in any language.

*Social gathering*
The Perl Mongers originally started as a social space, not a technical
space. In that spirit, we have a time and venue to get together and chat
before and after the official talk of the meeting.

   - Location: https://gather.town/HAWHVP3b6eywWEV3/chicago.pm
   - Time: 6:15pm-6:30pm, and then after the talk is over

*Formal Talk*
If you just want to come for the formal talk, that'll be held on Google
Meet.

   - Location: https://meet.google.com/aze-unbw-bcu
   - Time: 6:30pm-7:30pm (finish time flexible)

See you tomorrow!
David

P.S. No, I did not propose this meeting just so I could give a talk. Two
individuals expressed interest but were unable to commit to speaking this
month. I'm hoping to announce our August speaker at tomorrow's meeting. If
you are interested in giving a talk please feel free to let me know and
I'll work you into the schedule.