[Chicago-talk] Teaching kids perl

Joseph Werner telcodev at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 11:28:06 PDT 2016

Well, I have a 9 and an 11 year old.   I opted to teach them
programing in C first. My thought was that I wanted to shield them
from the magic that Perl does for their first programming language.
We will make it to Perl in a couple of years.

As Brian Mielke points out, most of the first few pages on the book
have served as fodder for learning the basics of the command line.

Best Regards,
[Joseph] Christian Werner Sr