[Chicago-talk] Preserving whitespace in an email message

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 10:40:53 PST 2016

I have a perl script that reads a flat file and sends it's contents in a
text email via Mime::Lite. It works great except when there are whitespaces
that need to be preserved for alignment. For example, If I have the
following lines in the flat file

James Brown 123 Washington Ave Philadephia PA
Kim      Smith  12 5th Ave                   New York     NY

In the received email the look like this.

James Brown 123 Washington Ave Philadephia PA
Kim Smith 12 5th Ave New York NY

I have also tried converting the email to HTML which does not help. Any
ideas what approach I should take into order to get these messages to
format correctly?

Thanks.

Richard