[Chicago-talk] Module install problem

Doug Bell madcityzen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:24:09 PDT 2015

> On Sep 21, 2015, at 7:17 AM, richard at rushlogistics.com wrote:
>
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 14:55:31 -0500, Doug Bell <madcityzen at gmail.com <mailto:madcityzen at gmail.com>> wrote:
> Co-maint would mean that you'd be able to release WWW::Contact to CPAN; that you'd be an authorized co-maintainer.
>
> Looks like they shipped a new version which fixes the warning (it was just a warning, and probably shouldn't have been causing a failure to install), but are mentioning that it may not work still because Google may have removed the API it was using for a new, OAuth-based API.
>
> Doug,
>
> Do you know if this means it's not possible for an application to gain access to a user's email contacts in order to allow the user to send out email invitations -- similar to how it is done with Linkedin and Facebook?  If so does anyone know how I might go about doing this?

No, it just might mean that the base WWW::Contact distribution may not do it specifically for Gmail. It might mean that you have to find a WWW::Contact module that does it, or you may have to write one if you specifically want to use WWW::Contact. There are likely other modules that may have other ways of accessing Google APIs.