[Chicago-talk] October 22 - The Why of Git

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Sun Oct 11 01:27:55 PDT 2015

Hi Doug,

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 00:56:51 -0500
Doug Bell <madcityzen at gmail.com> wrote:

> This month I will be giving a talk on Git internals, and how they effect how
> you use Git commands like commit, merge, pull, and rebase. The presentation
> will go over some common errors and explain what they mean, and how resolving
> them will affect the internal data of your repository.

Good luck with that! Hope you have an enjoyable talk.

I have a request, though: can you please tell the git developers that they
should get rid of the use of https://metacpan.org/release/Error from Git's Perl
code? I am the co-maintainer of it along with
https://metacpan.org/author/PEVANS and we have officially deprecated it and
actively discourage its use.

( I cannot send a message to the git's mailing lists because I'm blocked from
the @vger.kernel.org domain on which they are hosted, and git did not have a
bug tracker last time I checked. )

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish