[Chicago-talk] CGI.pm alternative

Joel Berger joel.a.berger at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 20:25:23 PDT 2015

Like Andy said, there's no reason to move old code if that old code is
still working. CGI.pm will be around forever, just now it comes via CPAN.
The biggest reason for ejecting it from the core is that by being in the
core it gave the false impression that (1) it was the recommended way to do
things and (2) it was being actively maintained by P5P, neither of which
was true or has been for years.

Of course my vote for future projects would be for Mojolicious, but then
again, as a core developer, I'm biased I suppose :-)