[Chicago-talk] How To Get People Started With Perl Using a Perl Mongers Group

Doug Bell madcityzen at gmail.com
Mon May 6 22:38:49 PDT 2013

Project Nights are times for anyone to come work on code, ask questions relating to code, show off code, and get ideas for code. So far, they've been working out pretty well.

But what if you're not yet at the level of "writing Perl code"? How can we better help people get started with Perl? I usually only see these kinds of presentations during special times as part of a larger conference or workshop, but those only happen so often and in certain parts of the country.

Is this even a topic that can be handled well by a user group? I can imagine a lot of repeat presentations (perhaps even a set of presentations, rotated through), with some "Get up-to-speed" time at the beginning for the things like "Installing Perl" and "How to run Perl code".

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or opinions?

Doug Bell
madcityzen at gmail.com