[Chicago-talk] Spring Integration Framework for Perl

Doug Bell madcityzen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:59:42 PST 2013

I've got a number of processes being coordinated by a message queue.
Each job consists of a number of steps, and each process handles one
specific step for each job, like an assembly line. Each process keeps
data about the current job run and puts it on a queue so that the next
process knows what it has to do.

I have an idea to build a framework around this so that I can add
in-depth reporting and more flexibility, but it seems there are
already frameworks in other languages that do exactly this (a
co-worker pointed me to Spring's Integration Framework in Java).

This is not a way to get parallelization, but it is a way to manage
parallelization or delayed jobs (if a job has to wait for human input,
for example) and provide reporting and monitoring on all the currently
running jobs.

Is there anything existing on CPAN to do this?

Doug Bell
madcityzen at gmail.com