[Chicago-talk] Upcoming Project Night

Doug Bell madcityzen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 22:39:32 PDT 2012

First I want to thank Sean for giving a presentation, and everyone who came out. There was some excellent side-discussion on logging and how to build CPAN dists, and I learned that the Salt Stack exists, which is an interesting project.

We have a project night coming up in two weeks. Does someone have a project they want to get some assistance on (I know I've got a couple)? Would people be interested in working on some CPAN module bug lists? Should we stick with App-Prima-REPL and get it polished up more?

Gabor Szabo also recently announced the Perl Maven Competition (http://perlmaven.com), which I think would be great for us to participate in. It's a short, 48-hour code marathon with the goal of producing an end-user product. It's running December 15-16, so we have plenty of time to prepare ourselves. We need 4 people total.

Doug Bell
madcityzen at gmail.com