[Chicago-talk] 2013 Midwest Perl/Moose training?

Andy_Bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov Andy_Bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov
Sat Oct 27 11:53:01 PDT 2012

Forwarded message below.

On Oct 25, 2012, at 5:23 PM, Jay Hannah <jay.hannah at iinteractive.com>
wrote:

> [Full disclosure: In addition to being the Omaha.pm group leader for 10
years now, I am also an Infinity Interactive employee nowadays.]

> Hello,
>
> Infinity Interactive (the Moose cabal, among other things) is putting
together an east coast training tour for 2013. One day, intensive hands-on
training on Modern Perl, Moose, etc, with the guys who wrote the actual
code.

> I'm bummed out that the current plan is east coast big city only. I'd
love to see the tour also come to the midwest!

> Do you or your company have a Perl training budget for 2013? If we can
get II folks sponsored in your city then I believe they also do low cost
(free?) presentations to the local Perl Monger group.

> If you deem this appropriate could you please forward to your mailing
list? I'm fishing for interest.

> I'd love to get these guys out here to the midwest, especially for folks
that don't make it out to YAPC and other Perl events.

> (BTW, if you're not familiar with Infinity, our site at
http://iinteractive.github.com/summarizes a lot of the Open Source/Free
Software work we've done and our other community contributions.)

> Thanks for your time,
>
> Jay Hannah
> Omaha.pm
> 402-598-7782
> http://iinteractive.github.com/

Andy Bach
Systems Mangler
Internet: andy_bach at wiwb.uscourts.gov
Voice: (608) 261-5738, Cell: (608) 658-1890

"If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete
themselves upon execution."
Robert Sewell.