[Chicago-talk] Text::CSV->getline_hr & Extra Input Fields

tiger peng tigerpeng2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 7 07:51:33 PST 2012

Hello All,

I am using Text::CSV for parsing log files. I prefer using column_names/getline_hr than bind_columns/getline, as I feel the former one has better readability and maintainability.  However, it seems getline_hr does not throw any exception when there are any extra input fields (bad records) as getline does.

Is there better way to handle the bad records with extra fields without using bind_columns/getline?

Thanks

Tiger