[Chicago-talk] Intro to Trello on YouTube

Doug Bell madcityzen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 17:39:38 PDT 2012

Trello is not open-source, and I have a desire to see a Perl version of the
premise (which might be a good idea for a project night thing).

http://blog.trello.com/launch/ <- launch announcement
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2011/09/13.html <- Joel Spolsky's blog
on the launch announcement

Doug Bell
madcityzen at gmail.com

On Jul 11, 2012, at 6:19 PM, Eric Ellington <e.ellington at gmail.com> wrote:

It helped me understand how Trello works. Thanks! I still do not understand
how they can continue to operate a service that is free for users and has
no ads. In their defense they did put a small disclaimer on their terms and
privacy page, but is says 'Trello is free forever.' Without source code and
the right license for others to use I don't think such a thing is possible.
Does anyone know if Trello is open source?

Eric

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM, David Mertens <dcmertens.perl at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hey everyone -
>
> I was a bit confused about the mental model for Trello. I looked around
> and found this video, which helped explain it to me. I hope it helps you!
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaDf1RqeLfo
>
> David
>
> --
>  "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
>   Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
>   by definition, not smart enough to debug it." -- Brian Kernighan

Eric Ellington
e.ellington at gmail.com