[Chicago-talk] Slides from PostgreSQL 9.1 talk

Selena Deckelmann selenamarie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 20:03:15 PDT 2011

Hello Perlmongers!

Thanks for hosting me at BofA in Chicago last week. Stephen Frost,
David Wheeler and I had a blast.

Here's a shortlink: http://chesnok.com/u/4U

I made one mistake in the discussion that I can correct now - unlogged
tables *are* preserved after a clean shutdown as of 9.1 release.
Stephen and I discussed the issue with the author of the feature
during Postgres Open, and he let us know that a long discussion
happened about what the preferred default behavior should be, and
those who thought clean shutdown *should not cause a truncate*
prevailed.

The slides are updated to reflect that.

Thanks again!
-selena