[Chicago-talk] BARcamp Chicago 2011 - July 9th & 10th - Chicago, Illinois

eviljoel eviljoel at linux.com
Wed Jun 15 06:00:28 PDT 2011

BARcamp Chicago 2011 - July 9th & 10th - Chicago, Illinois

What is a BARcamp?

A BARcamp is a participation oriented event focusing on some of the
best parts of conferences: between session discussions, knowledge
sharing and socializing. All the talks are given by attendees and the
schedule is decided the day of the event. The event is FREE and open
to the public.

What Can I Expect at BARcamp Chicago?

You can expect great discussions, presentations, workshops and demos
from some of Chicago’s brightest minds and technology companies.
Attendees are encouraged to participate by giving talks, asking
questions, having side discussions, sharing ideas and knowledge. Along
with talks there are people working together on projects, ideas and
companies.

You can get a better idea about what BARcamp Chicago is about by
viewing photos and videos from previous years:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/barcampchicago2008/pool/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53392972@N08/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-JFqkk2YOE

When is BARcamp Chicago?

BARcamp Chicago 2011 will be held from 10:00 AM on July 9th through
7:00 PM on July 10th.  BARcamp Chicago is a continuous event.  Feel
free to bring a sleeping bag and spend the night if you wish.

Where is BARcamp Chicago?

This year BARcamp Chicago will be located at our friendly neighborhood
hackerspace, Pumping Station: One.  Pumping Station: One is located at
3354 North Elston, Chicago, IL 60618.

Via public transportation, Pumping Station: One is just a 15 minute
walk from the Belmont Blue Line station.  Alternately you can take the
77 Belmont bus east from the Belmont Blue Line station to Sacramento
and walk another 5 minutes north from there.  By car, Pumping Station:
One is just a five minute drive from the 90/94 Expressway.  Free
street parking is readily available.

Better directions will be available on our website soon.

How Much Does BARcamp Chicago Cost:

Thanks to our sponsors, BARcamp Chicago is 100% FREE.  Free food and
drink will also be provided.

Website

For registration and updated information please visit our website at
http://barcampchicago.org/.  Registration is recommended but NOT
required.

Presenters Wanted!

Do you think you know something that others might like to learn about?
 Of course you do!  Consider giving a talk about it at BARcamp
Chicago.  All types of presentations are welcome as long as they are
educational and interesting.  While presentation slides are by no
means required, we will have projectors available for those who which
to use them.

BARcompany

Create a startup in a weekend!  BARcamp Chicago is not only a great
place to find business partners; it is also an excellent place to
prototype your first product.  Attendees are encouraged to work with
others to form and create a business before the end of the weekend.
At our closing event, your startup will demo your prototype to BARcamp
attendees and our judges.  Our judges will then vote on the best, most
feasible new business.

Our BARcompany winner from last year is actually a BARcamp Chicago
sponsor this year!

Sponsors

BARcamp Chicago would like to thank to thank our sponsors:  Pumping
Station: One, RuggedScents, O'reilly, PSC Group, Peapod, Google, Todd
Carothers and Technori.

If you would like to become a BARcamp Chicago sponsor, please e-mail
Kevin Harriss at kharriss at barcampchicago.org .