[Chicago-talk] Regular expression discussion.

tiger peng tigerpeng2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 11:14:28 PST 2011

try Text::Soundex

________________________________
From: Richard Reina <richard at rushlogistics.com>
To: chicago-talk at pm.org
Sent: Wed, February 2, 2011 7:55:36 AM
Subject: [Chicago-talk] Regular expression discussion.

Tired of shoveling snow. Well sit right down and lets have a regex discussion. I
have a perl script that at the moment just uses grep to look though text files
that have been converted from pdf2text to see what sort of documents they are.
What I am finding however is that a lot of searches fail by just a few
characters.

For example, if I am looking for "This first document is a contract between" the
text string in the file might look like this

"This tirst document is a coniract betweeo" and the grep search fails. However,
as you can see these two statements are 93% alike.  Is there a way with perl
regular expressions to match strings that are say 90, 95 or 98% alike?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Stay Warm!
--
Richard Reina