[Chicago-talk] Who wants to see Tron as soon as possible?

brian d foy brian.d.foy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 23:53:03 PST 2010

Tron: Legacy starts at 12:01 am on Friday (which most people,
including movie theaters, consider Thursday night). Who wants to see
it with me at that time at AMC River East (since they sell advance
tickets), which has it in 3D (not counting the neglected fourth
dimension that is the difference between films and still pictures)? I
bought my tickets through MovieTickets.com.

I know midnight is a bit late for some of you poor wage slaves, but
sometimes you have to live a little, or at least call in sick for a
friday. If any of you work in a place of decent technology, just
saying "It's frickin' Tron!" should be enough to get the next day off.
If you work at a really cool place, your boss will probably come with
you. If you're Elliot, your boss is probably reserving the entire
theatre.

Here's how you can spend the rest of your time that Thursday evening:

* take a nap after work.
* 7:30pm-ish, snacks, etc and a viewing of the original Tron at my
place (sadly, Rogers Park)
* 11pm-ish shift closer to theater by going to the Billy Goat for
those who want to meet up later
* 12:01am: the movie
* Billy Goat again to discuss how much the movie sucked compared the
the totally awesome original

And, remember, if you see it right away, you'll be able to tweet and
poke and yelp about how much it sucks as earlier as possible. You'll
be 3l33t, etc, and you can spoil it for all your co-workers who had to
be responsible and what not.

If you are one of those Tron cosplay people, just meet us at the theater. :)

--
brian d foy <brian.d.foy at gmail.com>
http://www.pair.com/~comdog/