[Chicago-talk] using Google visualization

Jay Strauss me at heyjay.com
Tue Aug 3 16:12:33 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM, Joel Limardo
<joel.limardo at forwardphase.com> wrote:
> I like the idea of the JSON having the version information, signature, etc.
> is good but I including the google.visualization.Query.setResponse may make
> your solution a bit fragile. What if the Google folks decide to change their
> API so you are supposed to do something like this:
> google.visualization.DOSOMETHINGELSE(...)
>
> ?  Your code will probably break. I look at JSON as being an abbreviated
> version of XML so anything that would not go into an XML document I probably
> would not want in my JSON either.
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:04 PM, Jay Strauss <me at heyjay.com> wrote:

Hey, its not my solution, it's Google's :)

I'm just trying to be lazy.

I see your point, that Google may change the API and my code breaks.
Although I'm guessing they'd make lots'o'people mad if they changed
the API at this point since it seems like their intent is to let you
use their google spreadsheet or implement your own datasource.

I think I need to play around with it some more.

Thanks
Jay