[Chicago-talk] More code that will send me to Perl Purgatory

Dan Rench drench+chipm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 08:09:25 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 3:04 AM, Jonathan Rockway
<jon-chicagotalk at jrock.us> wrote:

> Uh, "exists" works on the symbol table:
>
>  use JSON;
>  say 'False' if exists $JSON::{False};
>  say 'false' if exists $JSON::{false};

I normally associate symbol table manipulation with hacks that need
"no strict 'refs'" so I didn't even consider something like that. But
it's obvious now that I should have. If I have to update that code
some day (hoping not to), it's going in like that. Thanks.