[Chicago-talk] VFS

Zane C.B. v.velox at vvelox.net
Thu Oct 8 17:37:09 PDT 2009

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 10:28:11 -0500
Warren Lindsey <warren.lindsey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will it support FUSE or Plan 9's 9P fs?
>
> On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Zane C.B. <v.velox at vvelox.net>
> wrote:
> > I am starting work on useful and fully documented VFS in Perl. Any
> > one have any requests/suggestions/etc.

It will support any thing a backend is written for. Currently
finishing up the file backend and then I will be releasing it.

The initial supported functions are going to be as below.

chdir
chown
chmod
close
eof
getc
getpos
mimetype
read
readAll
setpos
write

"readAll" and "mimetype" are two non-standard ones. "readAll"
simplifies reading all of a handle with out a loop. "mimetype"
returns the preferred MIME type of handle.