[Chicago-talk] module-starter and stuff in /usr/local/share

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Thu Nov 12 04:31:13 PST 2009

Hi Zane!

On Thursday 12 Nov 2009 11:02:21 Zane C.B. wrote:
> When creating a module with module-starter, any one know how to
> install stuff to '/usr/local/share' or what ever the proper share
> prefix is?

If you're using Module-Build, you can try to copy the custom logic I have for
it for my XML::Grammar modules:

http://www.shlomifish.org/open-source/projects/XML-Grammar/

I'm using it to install stuff like XSLT .xslt files, RELAX NG-based .rng
schema files and other XML static stuff. Feel free to borrow and adapt this
stuff - it's licensed under the MIT/X11 Licence -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License .

Also look at:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/File-ShareDir/

Note that if you're planning to use Module-Install (or plain-old ExtUtils-
MakeMaker ), then I won't be able to help you without investing some time on
figuring out how to do that. If you're still interested in that, maybe try the
dedicated mailing lists for this, searching for prior art on the CPAN, or
irc.perl.org or maybe #perl on irc.freenode.net .

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish