[Chicago-talk] Active State and Strawberry

Sean Blanton, Ph.D. sean at blanton.com
Wed Mar 18 08:01:56 PDT 2009

I've been running Strawberry for awhile ignoring the 2 activestate
installations on Vista. The only problem I had was that CPAN installs wanted
to use tar and it is not included in Strawberry.
Then I got tripped up because the Msys Git tar (and grep) are different from
the usual one's and don't have the expected command syntax. So I had to put
Cygwin tar in the path ahead of Msys Git's.
Sean Blanton.