[Chicago-talk] Calculate Date on SunOS

Andrew Rodland arodland at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 19:36:06 PST 2009

On Wednesday 14 January 2009 09:30:21 pm tiger peng wrote:
> Is there any easy way to calculate the date on SouOS 5.10? It's date
> command does not take date string.
>
> There is only core Perl installed on the box so I cannot use Data::Calc.
>
> Thanks in advance,

1) You can do plenty of date calculation with core perl if you can work
localtime and you're handy with arithmetic (and a little bit of modular
arithmetic)

2) If you have a working C compiler you can install Date::Calc in your home
directory. If you don't, I bet you can find some pure-perl module that does
what you need.

Andrew