[Chicago-talk] Standing on the edge of the pool

Sean Blanton, Ph.D. sean at blanton.com
Thu Apr 9 12:01:14 PDT 2009

Guilty as well.
I have a module well used at one site and generally applicable to others.
It's a Perl wrapper/API for the CA Harvest/SCM version control tool and
because I haven't put it on CPAN, I am not able to ease the pain of quite a
number of Perl programmers around the world suffering to automate that
product (that bothers me).

The reason I haven't put it on CPAN are:

* I didn't think it was good enough (OK, I'm over that)
* I had grandiose plans to expand it to other tools (over that also)
* Docs need spiffing up.
* I don't have step-by-step instructions in front of me to get it into CPAN
- I'm sure that is easy to find.

I have a PAUSE account (I'm pretty sure). It looks like I don't have too
much of an excuse!

Sean Blanton, Ph.D.

Follow: http://www.twitter.com/seanblanton
Connect: http://www.linkedin.com/in/seanblanton
Befriend: Facebook

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Dan Rench
<drench+chipm at gmail.com<drench%2Bchipm at gmail.com>